- 01:39 Why I have an issue with the word trigger
- 04:05 Having conversations with people who have opposing views
- 06:25 This is what I advise you do and don’t do
- “As coaches and as a mentor, it is definitely important to me to create environments where people feel safe to be themselves, speak in their voices, and feel comfortable.”
- “In the online world I am seeing an echo chamber of people who all speak exactly the same language, who all have exactly the same opinion and are all only able to speak from exactly the same experience. And unfortunately, that is not the real world.”
- “Especially now we have to be able to listen and communicate powerfully with people who have opposing views to us if we are ever going to be able to create a cohesive society.”
How To Deal With a ‘Triggering’ Situation
I have a love-hate relationship with the word ‘trigger’ right now but here goes.
When you come across something that is triggering you, responding negatively or being in reactive mode is no good. That is how arguments start.
In this episode I share my number one tip for dealing with a triggering situation effectively so you have a helpful coping mechanism you can bring into your business and your life.