- 04:34 And I remember looking at my daughter and thinking, I’m always working too much wink, and I feel like I’m constantly scraping the bottom of the barrel of my energy to be able to show up for you as a parent, there was not a lot of joy in my life.
- 17:32 All of us human beings are cyclical in our nature. And people who menstruate are especially cyclical in our nature. So what we can do in our ovulatory phase and what we can do in our luteal phase aren’t the same.
- 27:42 So my daily habits, I find that really hard. But I allow others the supreme pleasure of giving to me, of supporting me. And I don’t make myself wrong for that. I don’t call myself high maintenance. I need what I need. I want what I want. And I build mechanisms within my life, within my work, to ensure that I can have those things, because they make me a better person.
- “I felt like I was always scraping the energetic barrel.”
- “Our nervous system shapes our beliefs. Our beliefs shapes how we take up space and what we want in the world.”
- “When you are cultivating a nervous system of love and you’re creating loving environments and loving experiences, that’s a huge sign of safety for your nervous system.”
- “I want women not to give themselves a hard time, because they’re trying to do it all so they can slow down and understand if I’m going to be creating these wonderful things, this is the support I need to have in place.”
The BS of Burnout with Tamu Thomas
Who recognises the badge of honour of being “busy” SO BUSY!
If you do, you’re going to love this episode that I recorded with Tamu Thomas. We talk everything around the subject of women who work too much.
Tamu and I come at things from quite a different perspective on the surface of things, but when you lift the hood, we have so many shared perspectives and values around how to help you empower yourself to create more of the life that you want, the work that you want, how to ask for more of what it is that you desire.
We talk about pleasure. We talk about the nervous system, we talk about safety. We talk about love. We go into all of the ins and outs, and I know that you are going to love this episode. So without any further ado, here is the episode.
While you are here do NOT forget you can order my book, Infinite Receiving right here.