Put your trust out there
Recently, I shared a few practical ways that you can overcome overwhelm.
Ever since, I’ve been receiving messages (from the Universe and from other inspiring humans) about it is safe to calm right down.
In this live session, I wanted to jump on and talk about TRUST, how it’s at the root of anxiety and overwhelm, and what you can actually do about it.
Watch the replay here >>
To catch these conversations LIVE, make sure you’re following along here.
Or here’s the scannable version >>
Lack of trust leads to stress, overwhelm and anxiety
What I’ve realised is that stress, overwhelm and anxiety are not the root issues. They are symptoms of the root issue. The root issue is a lack of trust.
When we’re not trusting ourselves and the process, we move over into frustration. We move over into anxiety. We move over into stress.
How do we move from the space of not trusting to choosing to believe and take aligned action?
Trust is a choice – but it’s not always an easy one to make. Sometimes we are so fearful about what is or isn’t going to happen, that saying “I choose to trust,” isn’t enough.
When you’re in those situations, that’s when you need to call in help. Whether that help is in the shape of energy clearers, EFT, Gumballs, guided meditations, when you’re feeling that overwhelm, stress and anxiety, rather than focusing on how to get rid of it, do this instead:
Pause and listen
When we’re feeling stressed and anxious, often it’s because we’re either busying ourselves with things that are not important, or we’re not taking any action at all.
Stop and ask yourself:
- What would I be doing right now if I was in complete trust?
- How would I be feeling right now if I was in trust?
- How would my shoulders feel if I was in trust?
- How would I be breathing if I was in trust right now?
Trust that it’s OK to show up
When we’re talking about building your business, getting more clients and creating more income, what we’re really talking about is trusting that it’s okay for you to put yourself out into the world and share your message.
Trusting that it’s okay for you to show up imperfectly. Trusting that even if you make a mistake, you’re not going to die. The world’s not going to fall apart. You are going to be okay.
Reminder: Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that trust means everything is going to work out so you don’t have to do anything and can just wait for clients to knock on your door.
- Where are the areas that I feel a lack of trust?
- Where am I not trusting in the universe?
- Where do I need to ask for support?
- Where can I recognise I am already fully supported?
- Where do I need to let go of my old story?
- Where do I need to stop putting so much emphasis on getting a certain thing?
- Where can I give myself permission to chill out?
- What would I be doing if I was fully in trust right now?”